Success is tradition. As long ago as 1893, 22 farmers and fruit producers founded the Algund Fruit Growers’ Co-operative. Two years later, their first independent warehouse opened in Merano.
Within nine years the number of members had doubled, and by the start of the 20th century it had risen to 52. It is hard to believe that, back then, the co-operative produced 23 carts of apples and many other types of fruit. Nowadays that doesn't seem like much, but production has continued to rise and rise. The number of members increased along with production. By 1909, membership had more than doubled. In 1926, some of the members in Lana founded their own co-operative.
Modernization and expansion were the key features of the second half of the twentieth century. New storage facilities, office complexes and loading halls were built. The most important decision for the future came in 2001. This was the decision to work together with BOGAL, the neighbouring co-operative, which brought with it a range of restructuring measures for storage, sorting and packaging. Algund and BOGAL finally merged in 2005/2006.
Today its 205 members cultivate almost 451,31hectares of land and produce around 24.875 tonnes of fruit every year.